In as much detail as possible explain what you have learned using the Mobile Curriculum. What was the best thing about it? What was difficult or confusing? What would you change?
7 comments:
Anonymous
said...
This mobile curriculum was an "okay" experience. First of all, I don't really care for flash. I first used Unity to design my first game, I had never used flash before. Drawing the background, creating the objects, and drawing my character were not all that hard. The coding was simple, a few mistakes here and there but other than that it was fine. In this curriculum, nothing was hard, it was very easy to get used to and learn how to maneuver. Overall, I'm just not a flash person, simple as that. I think it was a good curriculum.
There was not too much learned at least to me and I'm sure some other. The only reason why though is because we have experience with Flash. The only thing really learned was the different coding setup with the Main.as file and a couple different coding lines used. I would say the best thing was being able to try and make a mobile game in the first place. Therefore there is experience now in 2D games ,3D games, and 2D scrolling games. The only thing confusing or difficult was the couple new lines of coding really. The only thing that I think really needs changed is there needs to be compatibility with the iPod not just Android.
During the Mobile Curriculum, I learned how to use code to make objects move from right to left, and how to insert codes to make the players health go down whenever they hit the bad things and their score to go up whenever they hit the good things. Since I've already done regular Flash, I didn't learn too much because they are basically the same. Except the Mobile Curriculum is much shorter. The things I got confused on is whenever I first started the lessons because I couldn't remember how to use Flash but then I got that hang of it. And the coding would sometimes confuse me because they would have a typo on the code in the lesson so when I put it to my game nothing would work because there was an error. The only thing I'd change is the Blog questions on the lessons because they were really short.
That I got to work on Flash again and was able to help more people. Some of the coding in the curriculum was wrong and needed to be fixed. I would change the way to make a game, like instead of scrolling, I would make it to where you have to learn to purchase certain items to improve the character.
I learned about the class file in action script 3.0 where you go to edit your code instead of using the actions layer. However though I was messing around with it and saw if we did add an action script layer it still read it as a action script 3.0 code so I didn't understand why we have to make a main.as.
The best thing about it was I got to use the computer to make something come to life. I was sad though that I didn't get to make it a full fledged game. That would've been interesting.
I would have it so that we start the course earlier in the semester. However though I do like unity better though, and you can still make games for mobile! Another thing I liked is for the game ingredients it actually taught you how to animate your in game character!
7 comments:
This mobile curriculum was an "okay" experience. First of all, I don't really care for flash. I first used Unity to design my first game, I had never used flash before. Drawing the background, creating the objects, and drawing my character were not all that hard. The coding was simple, a few mistakes here and there but other than that it was fine. In this curriculum, nothing was hard, it was very easy to get used to and learn how to maneuver. Overall, I'm just not a flash person, simple as that. I think it was a good curriculum.
There was not too much learned at least to me and I'm sure some other. The only reason why though is because we have experience with Flash. The only thing really learned was the different coding setup with the Main.as file and a couple different coding lines used. I would say the best thing was being able to try and make a mobile game in the first place. Therefore there is experience now in 2D games ,3D games, and 2D scrolling games. The only thing confusing or difficult was the couple new lines of coding really. The only thing that I think really needs changed is there needs to be compatibility with the iPod not just Android.
During the Mobile Curriculum, I learned how to use code to make objects move from right to left, and how to insert codes to make the players health go down whenever they hit the bad things and their score to go up whenever they hit the good things. Since I've already done regular Flash, I didn't learn too much because they are basically the same. Except the Mobile Curriculum is much shorter. The things I got confused on is whenever I first started the lessons because I couldn't remember how to use Flash but then I got that hang of it. And the coding would sometimes confuse me because they would have a typo on the code in the lesson so when I put it to my game nothing would work because there was an error. The only thing I'd change is the Blog questions on the lessons because they were really short.
That I got to work on Flash again and was able to help more people. Some of the coding in the curriculum was wrong and needed to be fixed. I would change the way to make a game, like instead of scrolling, I would make it to where you have to learn to purchase certain items to improve the character.
I learned about the class file in action script 3.0 where you go to edit your code instead of using the actions layer. However though I was messing around with it and saw if we did add an action script layer it still read it as a action script 3.0 code so I didn't understand why we have to make a main.as.
The best thing about it was I got to use the computer to make something come to life. I was sad though that I didn't get to make it a full fledged game. That would've been interesting.
I would have it so that we start the course earlier in the semester. However though I do like unity better though, and you can still make games for mobile! Another thing I liked is for the game ingredients it actually taught you how to animate your in game character!
I think this just about sums it all up.
Post a Comment