Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Dream Job

One of my former students just sent me an IM was we were talking. She just graduated from college in December and has went to work. It is not the job that she really would like to have but it is a start.

This got me to thinking. What is my dream job? I have had the opportunty to teach different age groups and subjects because I can teach learning disabilities, mental retardation, business and journalism. I have taught from K thru adults. I have been a trainer for teachers through the Center for Professional Development and a mentor teacher for Gobaloria. I have also done a variety of other jobs and volunteer work. It is strange but I have learned from all my experiences.

So now that I am all grown up and have taught for over 20 years in all types of settings with all types of students, what would be my dream job. I would like to be a leader. I would love to be a trainer for my county and state to improve teachers' use of technology. I would love to work collaborative with teachers in their classrooms to help make them feel comfortable using technology. I would love to continue to be a mentor teacher helping other teachers as they use technology in their classrooms.

Will this dream job ever happen? I don't know but I do know that if it doesn't I am happy with what I have done which is prepare students to have a opportunity to get their dream job. After 20+ years that is alot of dream jobs! I hope you have a dream job!

No comments: