Saturday, March 27, 2010

Valerie

I just came back from the state FBLA competition in Charleston, WV. Valerie who is in Game Design II created a game for competition. I an really proud of her because she was the only one in the competition so she won first. Now I know that sounds weird but she had to score a certain level to qualify for nationals which she did. Because of Globaloria and the skills she has learned she was able to do this competition when no one else could. Also because of her skills she was able to score so she could attend nationals. Valerie wants to major in game design and this opportunity will look great in her portfolio.

Just an additional note Valerie borrowed my laptop from school so she could work on the game and came in during snow days to finish it. She did almost all of it on her own time. Great job Valerie. Check it out at
http://myglife.org/usa/wv/rtcwiki/index.php/Team:Exploding_Egg

2 comments:

Dionne said...

Denise,

Please tell Valerie Congrats! I played her game, and I especially like the facts she presented about FBLA at each level. I am awful at games, so I got blown up several times; I think it is both challenging and fun. Kudos to her for coming in on snow days!

Rock on,
Dionne

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Valerie!! Her game is very cool. I enjoyed playing it!

Sincerely,
David Lowenstein
State Director, Globaloria-WV