I am really excited because we got the new Adobe Web Premium package for Game Design and the other classes I teach. Problem is that installing takes a LONGGGGGGGGGG time. So far it is on 4 machines and going. After the training last night I am anxious for my students to actually take working in Flash. I have each student fill out a form with drawing, music, programing, basic computer operation and management. Beside each was rating from 1-5 and the students were to rate their skills with 1 being strong in that area and 5 weak. I looked at the rating sheets and put students in groups with a variety of strengths. The first thing I looked at was drawing and put each student who thought they were strong in drawing in separate groups then program/music etc.
I had each group select a name and create a profile for that group. They were to put a picture of the group on the page. I told them to take the chart and other information off the page and put just general information about the group. Under the projects page they were to brainstorm different game ideas in each of the areas. This worked well and it is one of my favorite things to listen to. They were discussing and reason yes or no or that is no appropriate for school. I basicly sat, pretended that I was doing something else, and listened. What fun!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Denise,
That's a great idea! I loved the idea for the questionnaire. Could you share it with us? That would be a great way to group the kids and help them brainstorm the ideas for the games.
On the opposite from you, I am kind of scared of the kids working in Flash because I am not really profficient in it myself. I need to go back to the training session and watch it again!
Anyways, it's great that you have an exciting start of the year. Keep in touch!
Great idea Denise. I am glad to see you start implementing the ideas that you discussed this summer. I am anxious to see your students' work.
Great (ignore my previous post which is what you have already done :) ) I am still catching up with everyones blogs!!!
Really looking forward to seeing your students work!
Post a Comment