Monday, October 26, 2009

Making changes

Ok tomorrow is 9 weeks tests for us and some major changes are taking place. My class is starting all over. The students convinced me that they did not want to include civics into their game. They want to make all new games and pick different teams and start all over. They convinced me that the earlier teams and assignments were practice but now could do a better job if they started again. Many of students need to become salesmen because they convinced me. We are going back to square one--new groups, game ideas, prototypes, etc. As strange as it may sound there is lots of excitement in the room. They are brainstorming new ideas. Now I just have to help them pull this off.

1 comment:

Big W said...

In my years of civil engineering & architecture work I have found that starting over will jump start things and produce better results most of the time. I have scrapped house plans days before a deadline and produced a way better house in the end than what I would have come up with had I continued on the same path. Good luck to you and your students.