Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Visitor

Monday while my class was working I had someone just walk in my classroom and ask if she could observe for a few minutes. It was Monica Beane, Assistant Director, Office of Instruction. She was on her way to Grant County and took a side tour to visit my classroom. If she has not been to your classroom--be prepared she hopes to visit all the Globaloria classrooms.

Now, I don't know about you but rarely does someone come from the state department to just "see". Generally they are looking for problems. It is a great feeling to having something positive happening in my classroom for her to see.

While Monica was here my students were Adding Navigation. She got to see them working together to figure out coding mistakes. Students were doing different activities but were actively engaged. Of course, they were using technology.

I hope when she left that her thoughts were, "Now that is a 21st century classroom."

No comments: