Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Getting ready for 2010

On this cold morning I am just sitting on the coach drinking a cup of coffee and watching it snow. I have been reflecting on what has happened in 2009 and planning the things that I know will be happening in 2010. I know when break is over that I will really have to moviate my students to finish their games and get ready for presentations. I will be starting new classes during the middle of January and I will also be a mentor for additional schools. My daughter is in the process of determining which school she wants to attend in the fall. Empty nest syndrone awaits but with technology they are at my fingertips. On the flip side of that so is "Mom can I have some money."

These are the things I know but there are many things that I do not know. How do I get ready for things that I don't even know are going to happen? The only thing that comes to mind is to keep learning and keep adapting. At times I wonder how much more this old brain of mine can handle but so far it keeps working. As long as it is working I can learn, adapt and handle what the future holds.

Globaloria helps in that process because I am always learning, adapting and facing the coding issues the students create. Many times my brain feels that it is working on overload but it hasn't quit yet. One of the reasons it hasn't failed is the support of Globaloria and the educators involved. When I listen and watch what educators across the state are doing I am inspired. Everyone of you forces me to keep going when my brain is fried. (Plus I was a basketball coach, there is a sense of competition in me. I want my students to win by producing some great work.) After reading the progress reports Globaloria doesn't always fit into some schools programs but I am sure they are also willing to change and adapt to meet the needs of those schools. Globaloria has already proven that in the last three years and the wiki has improved to meet the needs of the educators and students.

So as I prepare for this year of 2010 I am glad that Globaloria is part of the plan. I am honored to be a part of your group and more importantly I am honored to be a part of a group of outstanding West Virginia teachers who want to move our school systems into the future.

Now my coffee is cold and laundry awaits. It is time to start the work of 2010.

2 comments:

ALeef said...

You make me laugh at the similarities in our lives. Aint being a "working mom" grand?!! Bless your heart, you have been an inspiration to me. And, in the words of a lady I used to work with, "Is there any place in this house I can hide so that I can get a few guilt-free moments alone?" LOL

Mrs. Singleton said...

In some ways, I can see your side of the empty nest syndrome. The only difference is my daughter got married a month after she graduated. Her husband was stationed in Korea. She stayed with us and completed college and now she lives about 30 minutes away. Now we have a granddaughter to spoil. Keep up the good work in 2010!