Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Ah Ha Moment of Learning




Today's video of John Seely Brown gave me the word I was looking for to understand my "ah ha" moment of learning. It was the day that I learned to "tinker" on the computer. I LOVE tinkering on the computer whether I am creating something in Photoshop or communicating with a friend. In fact that LOVE of tinkering on my own enabled me to learn computer skills to teach more advanced classes--even write the content standards and create new classes for the state.

An even greater LOVE is for me to give the power of tinkering to my students. There are many reasons for me to LOVE what I do but words cannot always express their accomplishments. So on this blog are photos and links to work that were created by my students. My LOVING to tinker has put me in a position to give students the opportunity to master 21st Century Learning Skills and have fun while they are doing it.

RTC Student Public Service Announcements
RTC/SRMS Flash Video
Digital Imaging Student's Flash

As my students catch a totally awesome photo, get coding to work in Flash or publish a book I get to live my "ah ha" moment again and again. Isn't tinkering wonderful!

No comments: