Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Drawing in Flash

My class start Drawing in Flash. Yesterday I just lectured and showed them some basics of Flash by having them create a ball bouncing and then doing a shape tweening. They upload both to the wiki then started the Globaloria lesson.

As I look around the room I am totally amazed at what the are doing. They are drawing samples of what certain scenes of their games are going to look like. I told them they could scan in their paper protypes or free draw. All choose to free draw. They divided the different sheets/levels of the paper protype. Each team member was to draw their thoughts on their assigned level. There was tons of discuss about who was going to what, how, why, not enough color, no we should do this, does it need to have animation, how to I make a mirror image of what I just drew, and comments and questions continue. This is my kind of day. I am doing very little and the students are monitoring and working together and answering each others questions and showing each other how to do things and saying that is not exactly what we need. . . I HOPE this excitement continues.

No comments: