Saturday, October 25, 2008
Global World--why we are doing this
Recently our family had a German exchange student. My brother teased him saying, "You are the funniest looking German I have ever seen." My brother is not a mean person and here is the reason for the joke. Yihan was born in Germany to parents who were both Chinese. His main language is German but he also speaks Chinese (he says he can write very little Chinese). So as you can image he did not have what we would call the "typical" German appearence. We enjoyed his visit and learned a tremendous amount about his country and home town. I just wanted to use this as an example that our students need to be prepared for this world that is no longer "typical."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is such an awesome post! I had a smile on my face when I read it. Its so true, there is no such thing as "typical" in this world. I feel like that all the time and it amazes me how small this world keeps getting and who intertwined we all are. I guess more the exposure we give young people today to step out of their comfort zone the better and more rounded they will become. I am so glad my parents did that for me when I was young and it has made me such a better person.
Post a Comment