We had 9 weeks tests and are getting ready to start the new 9 weeks on Monday. I had the students create a Flash that demonstrated and/or explained 5 things that they had learned in this class. It was interesting to see what they did.
It was also a time for me to look back and think what I would do different next time. One I would spend a longer time discussing and developing global issues. Most of my students choose education games because I think that is in their comfort zone. I want them to move outside that comfort zone because they will have to research more thus learn more as they develop their game.
The progress of my students is so much greater than last year because of the new structure of the wiki. My students have already completed the lesson on interaction and sound. Sound was tough on the ears and I had to frequently say turn down your volume but they were laughing and watching each others. They were learning and having fun at the same time. Of course we have a little blood and but all well.
I am not totally please with how a couple of the groups are managing and want to make changes. I am just not sure how to make changes or moviate certain students at this point in the game making process.
Over all I am extremely please with the abilities and achievement of my students thus far. I look forward to their final games.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment